- What platform is required for HyperCast?
Our implementation of HyperCast is done in Java.
Use J2SE 1.4.2 or later versions of JAVA to run Hypercast.
- How do I run an application program?
Download Hypercast Core software and follow the
instructions in the Readme-ZIP-hypercast file to compile and run a
- Where can I find an example programs?
A collection of HelloWorld programs, each using a different feature of
HyperCast, is available from here.
- Where can I find information on configuration
A collection of of configuration files with
information how to edit them is available here.
- Do I need the HyperCast source code to write an
No. HyperCast source code is needed only when you want to change or
extend the HyperCast overlay socket. It is possible to add overlay
protocols to HyperCast without requiring access to source code.
- Where can I get the source code of HyperCast?
Source code is (or will soon be) available from
SourceForge under the Library
(or "Lesser") Gnu Public License (LGPL). This is a "relaxed" GNU
license that permits linking software into non-free programs.
- Which version of HyperCast should I use?
The version available on this website is called
Version 3. The overlay socket was first developed in HyperCast 2.0. The
first version of HyperCast builds a topology, but does not carry data.
- Exception "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space".
Increase the heap size of the JVM by starting Java
with "java -mx200m -cp ....". Here, 200m sets the heap size to
200 MB. Increase the heap size until the error disappears.