List of Light Traffic Columns
I started writing these Light Traffic
columns in 1984 and the first one appeared
in the , Centennial issue of the IEEE
Communications Magazine, commemorating 100
years of IEEE.
Almost all of them are declarations of the endless challenge and
I have discovered in the fascinating world of words,
word-play and the humour therin.
- Tele --IEEE, May 84 . ( It is interesting that an
IEEE TV channel , about which I wrote in this first column, is a
- The Best of the Bard, August 84.
- Mnemonics, November 84.
- A Menu of Mnemonic Morsels, April 85.
- Many Faces of O , June 85.
- A Quiz and a Game, August 85.
- Pi, Primes, and Probability, March 86.
Dr.O.Lord: In Praise of Palindromes, May
and the Ten Radar Net, August 86 .
- The Delightful Dictionary of Mr.Devil, October 86.
- Metric Musings, March 87.
- Metric Footnotes, May 87.
- A Menu of Codes, October 87.
- Name that Course!, February 88.
- Write it Right!, September 88.
- Mr.Jock, TV Quiz Ph.D, Bags Few Lynx, December 88.
- A Salute to Saints, May 89.
Glories of Gaussianity, August 89.
- Write Good!, December 89.
- The Limerick, March 90.
- Saints to the Rescue, June 90.
- A-1 to Alphabet, December 90.
- Electrical Engineers Discharged, March 92.
- Academy to Amicable, September 92.
- Engineering and Ingenuity, September 93.
Children of Martha, December 93.
- Administratium to Average, March 94.
- Codec to Modem in Three Steps, July 95.
- Babel to Bias, November 96.
Ten Artnik Intranet, February 97.
- The Morse Code: Here Come Dots, October 98.